Yes, midwifery care does matter! Tyler Birth House’s midwives know our worth and how to improve better birth outcomes in our area. We are the experts in normal birth and supporting families with love, advocacy, and support! Midwifery care has been shown to have many benefits for pregnant people and their babies, including:
- Lower rates of interventions: Midwives prioritize physiologic birth and use interventions only when medically necessary, which can result in lower rates of interventions such as cesarean section, episiotomy, and epidural anesthesia.
- Improved outcomes: Studies have shown that midwifery care is associated with improved outcomes for both mothers and babies, including lower rates of preterm birth, low birth weight, and neonatal mortality.
- Personalized care: Midwives provide individualized, holistic care that takes into account a person’s physical, emotional, and cultural needs and preferences.
- Continuity of care: Midwives often provide care throughout the pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period, which can help build trust and rapport with their clients and improve outcomes.
- Support for breastfeeding: Midwives are trained to provide support and guidance for breastfeeding, which can help improve breastfeeding rates and outcomes.
- Empowerment: Midwifery care emphasizes informed decision-making and shared decision-making, which can help empower pregnant people to take an active role in their care and make choices that align with their values and preferences.
In short, midwifery care can have a positive impact on the health and well-being of pregnant people and their babies. By prioritizing personalized, holistic care and promoting physiologic birth, midwives can help support healthy outcomes and empower their clients to have a positive childbirth experience. If you are looking for the best quality midwifery care in Tyler area, give our office a call to schedule your first visit today!